This plant with a bitter flavor is traditionally used as a tonic and stimulant. Very important in India, it is one of the oldest plants used in Ayurvedic herbal medicine. It is also commonly used in Europe and the United States, to aid digestion, stimulate appetite, relieve digestive discomfort, but also for its toning action on the nervous system.
Appearance: slightly viscous liquid
Color: yellow to yellowish brown
Odor: warm, spicy, woody
Distilled parts: Flowering tops
Country of origin: Nepal
Density: 0.879 to 0.960
BETA-ASARONE, ALPHA-ASARONE (phenol-methyl ethers)
Relaxing, sedative and hypnotic
Rebalancing the nervous system
Stimulant of the digestive system (spasmolytic of the intestine)
Gastritis, inflammation of the stomach and digestive mucous membranes, intestinal spasms
As a gargle to treat canker sores and dental pain.
In massage on the stomach, diluted in an HV, to relieve digestive problems.
In olfaction on a relaxing handkerchief.
In skin application, massage or friction, diluted with a vegetable oil:
- on the stomach for digestive pain (stomach, intestine), in synergy with the essential oil of exotic basil.
- on the solar plexus in synergy with the essential oil of petit grain sour cherry, to relieve nervous spasms and agitation.
- on painful joint areas, in synergy with officinal lavender and dill in St John's Wort and / or Arnica vegetable oil for an anti-inflammatory action.
Associated with the 6 th chakra, indigo color
- Transforms the intellect into intelligence
- Improves verbal ability following a stroke
- Help to understand and modify our destructive attitudes, to recognize its conditioning and to detach itself from it, to realize the blockages and programming which obstruct our personal evolution
- Help to understand the attitudes we take, sometimes that of victim or that of executioner
Flammable. Oral use on medical advice. Keep out of the reach of children. Avoid contact with eyes. Not recommended for children under 3 and pregnant or breastfeeding women. Do not apply to the skin before sun exposure. Food use possible. Do not use pure on the skin.
Risk of neurotoxicity. To be avoided over a long period, and in pregnant women and children.
The information given on essential oils through this website is provided for informational purposes. They can in no way replace the advice given by a doctor. For any therapeutic use or if you want more information about essential oils, please consult a doctor.
Organic Calamus Essential oil here.
© 2021 House of Pure Essence (HoPE).